After an interesting saturday night at Melt with some friends, my brother, and the hubby, Sunday was filled with a day full of Irish celebrations. Here's the breakdown of a great day had by all.
-Mom and Matt arrived promptly at noon so we could drive over to Somerville to get a parking spot.
-We scoped out a great spot on the parade route, only to learn the cute little step dancers were not going to be dancing before the parade started because of the light drizzle.
-Parade started at 1:30
-Immaculatta High School's colorguard had the ugliest outfits on...then again, I am partial to whatever the Marching Red Devils are wearing, but they weren't in the parade. As a true MRD member at heart, I had to boo and hiss at those Immaculatta girls!
-After the parade, it was down to the Knights of Columbus for the annual Ancient Order of Hibernians St. Patty's celebration.
-At the Knights, Ceili dancing fun was had by all. I even got my hubby in on the action.
-5:30 pm - family corned beef and cabbage dinner at my place, quite an interesting time.
-Rock Band was then played for the rest of the evening.
All in all, it turned out to be a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I was not in the celebrating spirit last night, so no Irish festivities were had on the actual day of St. Pat's. Oh well...maybe next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment