Friday night we decided to go to the Hillsborough Rotary Fair with Emma. After consuming some good fair food for dinner (good tasting, definitely not good for you!), we looked at all the rides. Of course, Emma was a few inches too short for any ride but the merry-go-round. She kept asking to go on rides, and had she been able to go on more than one, we totally would have bought a sheet of tickets, but for one ride, it seemed like a waste of money. Especially after the last time we were on a merry-go-round, she screamed and cried the entire time. We spent a little bit playing some games instead, and I won Emma a stuffed animal on the game where you have to land the frog on the lilly pad. It was on my first hit, too. Cori played all these different games and lost every single one. I won on my first shot! Ha ha!
Saturday we awoke to a sick baby, whose fever spiked close to 104°. Luckily her fever only lasted for 24 hours and she was back to her old self Sunday. Unfortunately, she wanted to spend all waking hours Saturday next to me or on top of me, which in turn caused me to be hot and sweaty all day. Here is a picture taken after nap time when she was cuddling on the couch (too cute!). She probably spent a good hour there just eating snack, cuddling with her bear, and watching "My Friends Tigger and Pooh" Sunday was a day for rest, relaxation, playing with Emma, and exercise for Mommy. Let me tell you, after a 15 minute power lower body workout, my ass and thighs are killing me, but in a totally good way. Hopefully I can keep up with this now. I am more motivated than ever since none of my pants fit me and I refuse to be a size 12. I never have been, and I don't intend on starting now. Cori came home from work early, and we made pizzas for dinner as a family. It was great, and Emma really enjoyed it. I love how great our little family is, and I cannot wait to make it one person bigger. Unfortunately, we have to wait for our room mate to move out, but that is a story for another day!
Now, it's back to the grind at work. Enjoy the week everyone!
BTW - can I say how much I totally love my new background!
No comments:
Post a Comment