Friday, August 27, 2010

And so it begins...

Potty training, that is.  I know, the excitement of it must be killing you, because it sure is killing me.  To possibly be out of diapers soon is the most fabulous thing ever.  As much as I would love to be pregnant right now and have a sibling for our little miss Emma, a break from diapers would be lovely.

So far, she has used the potty twice in the last 3 days, both in the morning.  She has asked multiple times at daycare to use the potty, but has not gone yet.  This weekend, we're going to go buy some pull-ups and some big girl training underwear.

It's so funny how your life is your life, and when you have kids, everything is all about them.  The highlight of my days the last few days has been her sitting on the potty.  When she actually goes, then my day is just that much better!  She is just ecstatic and proud of herself when she does go.  This morning she was so excited, that she tried to stand up while she was still going so she could look at what was in the potty. 

I think next time, I need to get some pictures to document this momentous occasion in her life!!  If only I was taking the time to scrapbook all of these things.  I wish I could get back into it, things are just so crazy these days that when I have free time, I just feel like sitting on the couch and vegging.  That, and our basement is just a complete wreck and my head spins when I venture down there. Since my scrap stuff is down there, no scrapbooking is getting done.

Fingers crossed we can keep up this peeing on the potty business and move on to pooping in the potty. 

My baby girl is growing up! Tear.  She even told me she's a big girl now because she uses the potty.  Ahhh!!  Here are some pictures to prove she's not a baby anymore.

Dressing up in mommy's shoes is fun!
Going down the slide requires lots of concentration and a pep talk from Daddy - yeah right!  She's a playground pro these days.
Emma and her two boyfriends, or should I say two of her three boyfriends.  Kellen is her "cousin" my marriage and she loves to follow Michael around down the shore.  Then, there is Jacob from daycare!  Such a player she is already!

No comments: