Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Summer's almost gone

Summer is almost gone, and what an amazing summer it has been.  While we did not really go on vacation, Emma and I (and Cori when he is not working) have been going down to the shore to see NaNa and PopPop every two weeks or so, and we have had a lot of fun.  Emma has turned into quite the water bug, not that she wasn't already.  When we go out to the sand bar, she now wants to jump off the boat into the water with you.  She is quite the daredevil.  Unfortunately, everyone is always in the water and not on the boat, so I don't have pictures of it.  Hopefully next time we go down I can get some and upload them.

I am definitely looking forward to the next few weekends and to the return of fall weather.  We have a lot of weekend things planned in the next few months, so stay tuned for posts on the following events:
  • A trip to Turtleback Zoo
  • Family birthday party
  • Labor day weekend - should be a blast
  • LBI's irish festival - always fun to get a ton of drunk irish people together
  • New Jersey Cranberry Festival
  • Pumpkin picking
  • Apple picking
  • Emma's 2nd birthday - yikes, already!
The list could go on, but I can't think right now.  All I know is weekends are going to be busy, and hopefully I can keep up with posting about it here.

Enjoy the rest of your week everyone.

PS - have I mentioned how much I feel like a weight has been lifted after that posting in July about how to let go?  While there are times when it is upsetting to me if I hear a song or see a picture or something else triggers a memory of these relationships I have let go of, I'm happier knowing that I tried my best to keep the relationships alive and that was all I could do.  Friends and family don't always stay in our lives forever, either from relationships ending or death, and I am slowly learning to live in today, with the people who really matter in my life.

No comments: